Vehicle and Prop Design | Exercises: Fundamentals of Vehicle Design

24.04.25 - 13.06.26 / week 1 - week 9

Subhana Salim / 0375936 

Vehicle and Prop Design/ Bachelor's of Design (Honours) in Creative Media / Taylor's University 

Exercises: Fundamentals of Vehicle Design


TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Instructions   
2. Exercises: Fundamentals of Vehicle Design
3. Final
4. Reflection



INSTRUCTIONS




Exercises : Fundamentals of Vehicle Design : 
Students are to practice and demonstrate a thorough understanding of vehicle and prop design through a series of continuous exercises. 


EXERCISES:
FUNDAMENTALS OF VEHICLE DESIGN

1. FORM AND SHAPE
For the first exercise I drew 3 objects from 5 different angles each.


Figure 1.1 Form of Mouse

Figure 1.2 Form of Polish

Figure 1.3 Form of Tape


2. CONSTRUCT AND DECONTRUCT SHAPES

For the second exercise, I broke down the shapes of the bike, boat, and autorickshaw.
Figure 1.4 Deconstruct & Construct of Bike
Figure 1.5 Deconstruct & Construct of Boat

Figure 1.6 Deconstruct & Construct of Auto-Rickshaw


3. SILHOUTTES
For the third exercise I made 10 silhouettes of boats
Figure 1.7 Silhouette of Boat
4. VALUE STUDIES
For the 4th exercise I took 5 silhouettes of boats and added value.
Figure 1.8 Value studies 


5. PERSPECTIVE STUDIES
For the 5th exercise, I drew perspective lines and drew the boat in 3/4 view
Figure 1.9 Perspective 


6. AMBIENCE STUDIES 
For the 6th exercise I made painting studies of 6 balls of different materials :- steel, iron, gold, rock, glass, and obsidian 
Figure 1.10 Ambience Studies



FINAL 


 2.1 Exercises: Fundamentals of Vehicle Design



REFLECTIONS

This task was a base to learn important fundamentals that will assist me in my later assignments, especially my pre-production task. I learned valuable knowledge of breaking down of vehicles into simple shapes, drawing 3d forms, silhouettes, value painting as well as texture painting. I feel that I have learned a lot in terms of my understanding of vehicles and vehicle design and skills have improved a lot through this exercise.



Comments